The Electronic Library of Medicine - Jordan "ELM"
Launched in 2013, The Electronic Library of Medicine - Jordan "ELM" is the first national platform of its kind that provides healthcare professionals and medical university students in the country with online medical resources.
ELM portal (www.elm.jo) and Mobile App (IOS or Android) feature a vast number of paid and open-access e-journals, clinical decision support tools, and links to top medical websites, as well as other medical resources, which require costly annual subscriptions and are provided to the ELM portal users for FREE.
Additional resources will be added continuously to eventually establish a comprehensive online medical library, which will help elevate healthcare quality and enrich medical research by providing healthcare professionals all over the Kingdom with access to evidence-based medical information.
To become the central online hub for health information across Jordan.
To improve the quality of healthcare in Jordan by providing healthcare professionals with access to medical information that can be used to make accurate clinical decisions based on evidence-based medicine and best practice guidelines.
Some of ELM's main featured medical resources and tools:
- Decision Support Tools: DynaMed, BMJ Best Practice, Anatomy TV, and Health Business Elite.
- Research Resources: CINAHL Complete, MEDLINE Complete, Cochrane Collection Plus, and e-Book Subscription Clinical Collection
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD): Nursing Reference Center Plus, Dynamic Health Skills, BMJ Learning, and Nutrition Reference Center
- New Resources: Taylor & Francis Online (Peer-reviewed Journals) and Springer Link for Corporate & Health
- Other recourses: Consumer Health Complete, Dentistry & Oral Sciences Recourse, and Rehabilitation Reference Center
As part of our continuous efforts for improvement, we are thrilled to announce the official launch of the Electronic Library of Medicine (ELM) Mobile App, bringing the wealth of medical knowledge directly to our user's fingertips!
"ELM" new Mobile App highlights are:
- On-the-Go Access
- User-Friendly Interface
- Customized Alerts and Updates
- Effortless Search Functionality
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by using the available training courses and webinars
The ELM Mobile App is not just a technological upgrade; it's a transformative tool for healthcare providers as it will: improve patient outcomes, enhance collaboration & save time.