About the program
In 2009, under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II Bin Al Hussein Electronic Health Solutions (EHS) launched its flagship program, Hakeem, the first national digital transformation initiative of its kind, in Jordan’s healthcare sector. Hakeem program aims to facilitate efficient, high-quality healthcare in the Kingdom through the nationwide implementation of an Electronic Health Record solution (EHR). Leveraging electronic systems developed according to the best international medical practices in the field of healthcare. In effect, physicians, pharmacists, medical technologists, and other clinicians can electronically access medical records of patients within participating healthcare facilities around the county simply by entering the patient’s national ID number.
The types of electronic medical information clinicians may access include but are not limited to, the following: Comprehensive medical and surgical history, physical examinations, procedural and surgical reports, current medications, allergies as well as in-patient and out-patient clinic visit notes. In addition, it will provide online access to lab results, digital radiological exams, electrocardiograms (ECGs), endoscopic biopsies, eye exams, and videos of echocardiograms and angiograms.
EHS has adopted VistA system in its strategy to implement Hakeem program in automating the public healthcare sector in Jordan. VistA is an enterprise-wide information system used throughout the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical system.
Hakeem program offers a world-class implementation of EHRs across the Kingdom. The implementation includes:
- Analysis of the health facility needs, design post-implementation workflows, clinical transformation including enhancement of current workflows, configuration of the platform, and integration of medical devices, computer skills training, and IT consultations.
- Installation of computers, servers, and networks using the latest technologies and applications for wired and wireless network systems; installation of network management and security systems; and implementation of LAN and WAN networks, linking sites by connecting to the National Broadband Network (NBN) and Civil Status and Passports Department.
- Implementing Hakeem program to automate health records and install all required packages including the implementation of VistA Imaging system, which enables healthcare providers to view high-quality X-rays and scanned documents and images that are linked to the CPRS.
- End users in hospitals and clinics implementing Hakeem program are trained on the packages of the program.
- Local community awareness campaigns are organized to help create awareness and educate the community about Hakeem program benefits
Check out the full up-to-date list of healthcare institutions that implement Hakeem program from here.